Logo

Logo
Not associated with TV Guide.

Friday, October 18, 2019

Create

IV Leadership for the Americas Awards Gala
Pati Jinich at an awards ceremony last year.
For the past several months, I found myself watching PBS offshoot Create, but mostly the cookery shows.  I've caught up on Patis Mexican Table, Americas Test Kitchen, spinoff Cooks Country, Bake Off, Jamie Oliver, Martha Stewart, My Greek Table, Lidias Italy, Nick Stellino and Steven Raichlins Project Smoke and Project Fire.  However, things come up short in my area.  From 10 PM to 6 AM, it simulcasts ARTS which is classical music videos, and new episodes are either only on the main channel or online until last seasons episodes are shown.  While the lovely Pati Jinich is the queen of Mexican cooking, most of it is a challenge for me.  Create has more of an emphasis on the diverse and educational than the commercial and popular on cable, network and first-run syndication.
Not all PBS tiers carry Create, including DC flagship WETA, which produces several of these series, although nearby MPT (which makes a few others) does.

No comments:

Post a Comment